The Monarch Butterfly, Agency Director
Audrey is the Founder and Agency Director of our team at Hatch & Fly. She has 21 years of experience teaching, training and improving sales and performance for organizations through community relations, marketing, event management and systems design. Learn more about Audrey and Hatch & Fly here.
- Favorite song of all time, and why? Wonder by Emeli Sande because it is exactly how I feel about why I am here on this earth! I love running to this song and I got to see her live in Atlanta in 2013. She’s an incredible singer and she moves me.
- What quote would be on my headstone? “People will forget what you say and do, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelo
- Last book I read/Last movie I saw: The Purpose Driven Life and 22 Jump Street
- My professional philosophy in one sentence: A smile in your head and heart will brighten any journey.
Hatching Catalyst, Director of Business Development & Photographer
Self-proclaimed People Enthusiast, Julie has almost 20 years of customer service experience under her belt and is drawn to creative industries. Julie has a knack for genuinely connecting with people, soaking up their stories and capturing their business and products through compelling photographs.
From rehabilitating businesses to helping new visions come to life, Julie loves it all. She has 4+ years experience in brand development, social media marketing, target market focus and commercial photography. Julie believes that a stellar service or product, customer acknowledgement, gratitude, positive energy and warmth is the winning combination of a successful business. Julie can’t wait to get to know you and become your catalyst for making your business dreams a reality.
- Favorite Song of All time and Why: Steve McQueen by M83. I play this song when I want to feel empowered. Reminds me that we all have magic inside and something uniquely awesome to offer to the world.
- What quote would be on my headstone? “Worked to make every day the BEST DAY EVER.”
- Last book I read: The Code of the Extraordinary Mind – Vishen Lakhiani
- My professional philosophy in one sentence: Listen before you speak, always always always build others up and show people that they are capable of incredible things.
Air Traffic Controller, Lead Project Manager
Andrea was brought up in Grand Haven, a small town, tucked right on the shore of Lake Michigan. But don’t let the small-town concept fool you–she has moved more than 30 times in her life. Andrea knows how to roll with the punches. Her drive and focus is motivated by one simple concept: getting the job done effectively, efficiently and to the best of her ability. Her background is in business communications, sales and marketing. As a Lead Project Manager, she has the personal and in-depth understanding of what it takes to get the job done and be able to have some fun along the way!
- Favorite song of all time, and why? You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates. You can’t listen to that song without smiling and/or dancing. It’s contagious.
- What quote would be on my headstone? “My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoices that I am out of the fight.” – C.S. Lewis
- Last book I read/Last movie I saw: Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
- My professional philosophy in one sentence: Don’t miss what could be the best moments of your life because you were too busy checking off your to-do list. Adventure starts, where plans end. Have hope like an anchor, faith the size of mountains and love into the waves of the endless ocean and the depths of the bottomless sea. And do it all without fear!
LEANNE SCHMIDT MURPHY
- Favorite song of all time, and why? Going to California by Led Zeppelin. ‘Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it’s not as hard as it seems’.
- What quote would be on my headstone? Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for The Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
- Last book I read/Last movie I saw: The Brothers Karamazov/Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
- My professional philosophy in one sentence: Have the heart of a servant and do everything you can to make others around you successful.
Content Consulting Editors
Cocoon Builder, Consulting Editor
Jessica Levco has more than 8+ years experience as a journalist, marketer and social media specialist. She’s worn several hats (well, not real hats–they give her bad hair) as a newspaper reporter, magazine writer, website editor and agency project manager. As a freelance writer, her work has been published on ABC News, Entrepreneur, Chicago Magazine and the Chicago Tribune. When she’s not writing, she’s giving food tours in her Chicago neighborhood.
- Favorite Song of All time and Why: “Take the ‘A’ Train” by Duke Ellington
- Headstone: Well, that was fun.
- Last Book/Movie: Master of The Senate by Robert Caro
- Philosophy: Just eat the cookie.
Cocoon Builder, Consulting Editor
Teresa believes the key to success in life is eggs for breakfast every morning and cuddling with a kitten every night. She loves to write, dance, and eat.
Teresa grew up in Orlando and headed up to Florida State University to pursue a degree in public relations. During this time she had internship experience with politics, advertising, and sports marketing. After her bachelor’s she immediately began pursuing a graduate degree in Integrated Marketing Communications where she completed her thesis on Organizational Identification Theory.
Post grad, Teresa has worked as a communications associate and digital coordinator across the Tallahassee political field. She has experience with social media management, media relations, website management, and public relations writing.
In her free time you’ll most likely find her hanging out with her cat, at the gym, or creating the perfect craft cocktail.
- Favorite song of all time, and why? “Tennessee Whiskey” by Chris Stapleton because it’s soulful, immersive, and it gives me a chance to showcase my spectacularly terrible ballad voice. His voice, however, iseverything.
- What quote would be on my headstone? “Can’t Win ‘Em All.”
- Last book I read/Last movie I saw: “The Four Loves,” C.S. Lewis.
- My professional philosophy in one sentence: Coffee first, then life…then also more coffee.
Incubation Specialist, Marketing Intern
Alexia is a student at Florida State University, graduating in the Fall of 2017 with a Bachelor of Science in Information, Communication, and Technology. She was born and raised in Clearwater, Florida, where most of her family still resides. She is the oldest of three and has two dogs, a Pitbull and Jack Russell terrier, that she loves more than life. In her spare time she loves to be on the water fishing or just relaxing. Alexia is very organized, loves to problem-solve, and tends to pick up on things very fast. She is very excited to be working with the Hatch & Fly team and can’t wait to see what the future has in store!
- Favorite Song of All time and Why: Mary Jane’s Last Dance by Tom Petty because it reminds me of home and brings me to my happy place
- Headstone: “The world is your oyster”
- Last Book/Movie: The Great Gatsby/Captain Phillips
- Philosophy: Everything always works itself out, so why stress?
Flight Illustration Specialist, Art Director
Nicholas Tuma has a passion for both visual and verbal communication. His design process helps entities identify who they are, establish brand affinity and meet specific targets by combining research, brainstorming and a sense of aesthetics. Nicholas’s method and style of creating, listening, and collaborating with partners builds trust and a positive working relationship. He earned his Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Graphic Communication from Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University.
- Favorite song of all time, and why? Al Green “Let’s Stay Together”
- What quote would be on my headstone? Pull My Finger…..
- Last book I read/Last movie I saw: The Giver and Kids (1995)
- My professional philosophy in one sentence: Although many people assume graphic designers are artists… I let them know from the beginning that we are very technical, we communicate with color, shapes and typography; There are rules; I do have a background in fine art but now everything I create has a purpose and communicates to a specific target audience.
Flight Specialist, Strategist & Public Relations
As one of only a few thousand nationally accredited public relations professionals, Sandi is always looking for new or better ways to connect with people and help them tell their story. She has more than a decade of experience in developing and implementing strategic marketing and communications plans. Sandi earned her Bachelor’s degree from Florida State University, where she currently serves as an adjunct professor for the College of Communication and Information.
- Favorite song of all time, and why? “O’ Holy Night” by Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews; it brings me peace, no matter what.
- What quote would be on my headstone? She lived hard; she loved hard.
- Last book I read/Last movie I saw: American Sniper by Chris Kyle; About Time, a beautiful story about a family whose love defies time.
- My professional philosophy in one sentence: Be smart, be honest, be tough.
Incubation Specialist, Marketing Assistant
Zac has an infectious personality. He is a highly driven, compassionate individual with a desire to see projects through to the finish line. Zac is eager to learn new things that will propel our clients to the next level. His experience includes: business operations, team building, community networking and fundraising for nonprofit organizations, commercial fishing and construction management.
At Hatch & Fly, he acts as a community engagement specialist and attends BNI’s Tallahassee Business League networking group, among other networking events throughout the year. Zac is also our sales support specialist and marketing assistant. Zac operates with the attitude that “people have to know you care before they will ever care what you know.” Tempest est iam, carpe diem.
- Favorite Song of All time and Why: Jump by Kriss Kross. Have you ever listened to it? I’m not sure the song needs an explanation.
- Headstone: “Avid fisherman and Fisher of Men, Loved God and loved others.”
- Last Book/Movie: Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- Philosophy: I’m not a glass half full or half empty kind of a guy, I’m a guy that’s happy because I have a glass with water in it. A lot of people don’t even have that. I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not because I see it, but because by it, I see it everything else
Kaleidoscope Strategist, Digital Analyst/Strategist
After graduating with a Business Management & Marketing degree from Georgia Southern University in 2010 and a couple of years in Los Angeles, Jessica has been focused on learning everything she can about the ever-changing digital marketing world since she landed in the Capital City five years ago. In her free time, Jessica enjoys cooking, traveling, and exploring Florida outdoors with her fiance. Her attention to detail, style of communication, and work ethic are nothing short of outstanding.
- Favorite song of all time, and why? It’s hard not to choose the Allman Brothers Band song I was named after, “Jessica.” That will always be a favorite of mine. I’d say for the past decade or so my favorite song has been, “This Sky” by The Derek Trucks Band.
- What quote would be on my headstone? “Question authority, love the one you’re with, share and share alike.”
- Last book I read/Last movie I saw: Freedom from the Known by Jiddu Krishnamurti – a great book I’ve been reading this summer, and I think the last movie I watched was Moana with my sister and niece. I totally get all the hype!
- My professional philosophy in one sentence: “Knowledge is power.” A more playful professional philosophy of mine I also try to keep in mind — “Ain’t nothin’ to it but to do it!”
Social Media Experts
Aerial Trainer, Social Media & Marketing Communications Trainer
Bianca’s personal mantra is F.L.Y. — First Love Yourself! She says, “You must honor, trust and love yourself; if you don’t, you can’t expect other people to (do so).” She loves going to fashion shows and picking out clothes to make a fabulous look. She says, “Beauty, fashion and fun does not have a size, color or shape! Your style is ultimately an expression of who you are totally!” She created AGirlWithStyle.com as a place where all beautiful women and girls interested in fashion and fun can get information on style, fitness and motivation. “It’s not about the size you are or any physical flaw that you think makes you inadequate. Throw on some heels, put on some makeup and RULE THE WORLD!”
She loves having both city sophistication and country sensibility; she originally hails from New York, but now calls Florida home. Her entrepreneurial spirit led her to dive into blogging, modeling and marketing. Bianca has a Bachelor’s degree in Health Science and a Master’s degree in Public Health from Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University.
- Favorite Song of All time and Why: This is a really difficult question to answer; I’m in love with music.
- What quote would be on my headstone? “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” —Maya Angelou
- Last book I read: Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person, by Shonda Rhimes
- My professional philosophy in one sentence: If you can dream it, you can do it!
Social Butterfly, Digital Presence Manager
Ash Barrow focuses on digital and social media marketing because she knows small, local businesses often need help advertising online. Helping these businesses achieve their marketing goals in a creative way is her passion. Ashley earned a B.S. in Political Science from Florida State University.
- Favorite song of all time, and why? Eyes of the World by the Grateful Dead because it seems to mean something different to everyone, but the message is always beautiful.
- What quote would be on my headstone? “Shine on you crazy diamond”
- Last book I read/Last movie I saw: The Bicycle Diaries by David Byrne and probably a random documentary on Netflix
- My professional philosophy in one sentence: Be kind, flexible, strong and balanced.
Web Design/IT Support
Flight Pilot, Web Developer
LeRoy is an experienced web developer who leverages the latest digital technology to help clients effectively grow their businesses. Proficient in a host of programming options, he builds dynamic websites, custom content management systems and other custom web development services. From integrating e-commerce solutions to social media savvy, LeRoy keeps our clients communicating online effectively.
- Favorite song of all time, and why? Selfie by Frank Edwards (It captures the essence of Acts 17:28 – For it is in him that we live and move and have our being)
- What quote would be on my headstone? I pray that you continue to experience the human side of business!
- Last book I read/Last movie I saw: The Mechanic (movie)
- My professional philosophy in one sentence: When those that you are in relationship with are prosperous, you in turn, will always be prosperous!